By choosing to purchase a Macbook Pro, you are committing to quality. You cannot afford such a powerful notebook and use a bad, cheap mouse alongside it. It would be like eating a premium steak with plastic utensils. The difference in quality would be too jarring.
Still, quality does not always directly translate to expensive, given that many affordable, well-made mice are on the market. This article will look at some of the best gaming mice for Macbook Pro.
We recommend you view the prices on Amazon for discounts or price changes due to supplier availability.
- SENSITIVE DPI MMO MOUSE』Focus on MMO gamers: this professional MMO gaming mouse built-in up to 16400 DPI, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration, 100-150in/s cursor speed, and a high precision Avago sensor.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE MOUSE & RGB BACKLIT』Venus MMO wired gaming mouse with multiple programmable buttons (included 12 side buttons), 5 custom profiles each with 5 LED RGB colors backlit modes for quick identification of profiles and additional options for over 16 million LED RGB colors.
- PROGRAMMABLE MOUSE BUTTONS』All the macro buttons allow you to customize the functions to your specific needs and can be easily mapped to any of the usual keyboard keys, combos.
- PRECISE CONTROL IN YOUR HAND』Venus MMO mouse is also an adjustable weighted mouse that comes pre-assembled with (2. 4g) x 8 weights inside. 12 buttons on the side are angled and can be positioned faster by touch alone.
- COMFORTABLE SHAPE & TEXTURED GRIP』 Ergonomic Right-Handed design with the frosted painting surface avoids hand sweat and slippery.
- HERO Gaming Sensor: Next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED Wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance
- Ultra-Long Battery Life: The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery, so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
- Lightweight design: Thanks to an efficient mechanical design, the G305 gaming mouse weighs in at only 99 grams
- Portable Convenience: The durable, compact design with built-in USB receiver storage makes the G305 means you can take it with you.
- Game in the Fast Lane: Play with hyper fast, sub 1ms Slipstream Corsair Wireless Technology, or connect with low latency Bluetooth or USB wired
- Weighs Just 99 grams: Lightweight construction, so you can play longer without fatigue
- Simple Setup Gets You Playing Faster: Just connect the wireless adapter to a USB port and switch the mouse on
- Contoured Shape and Rubber Side Grips: For long term comfort and a confident grip
- Up to 60 hours of Battery Life: Play uninterrupted with battery life that lasts for days, or plug in for wired mode to keep playing while charging
- 6 Fully Programmable Buttons: Call the shots with powerful macros and remaps for an in game advantage
- Ultra Durable Omron Switches: Rated for more than 50 million clicks; 10,000 DPI Optical Sensor: For high accuracy tracking of even the slightest movement
- Compatible with Xbox One to play mouse enabled games
8 Best Gaming Mice For Macbook Pro
PICTEK Gaming Mouse Wired
Features: RGB Chroma Backlit Gaming Mouse, 8 Programmable Buttons, 7200 DPI Adjustable, Comfortable Grip Ergonomic Optical PC Computer Gaming Mice with Fire Button, Sega Genesis Acces
If you are searching for an affordable and well-made mouse for your Macbook pro, look no further than the Pictek Wired Gaming Mouse. It looks great and feels fantastic in the user’s grip.
Of course, LED backlights have become an industry staple, and they are integrated into this model. The only major downside is older Macbook Pro OSs may have compatibility issues, yet they are relatively rare. I’ve had no such problems.
In total, the Pictek gaming mouse has eight buttons. Its software allows the user to create personalized macros and assign functions and commands to each button.
This mouse can be used for more twitch-based games like first-person shooters or more command-heavy games such as MMOs, RTS, or Moba.
The problem with most gaming mice isn’t their capabilities; it’s their durability. They often break down earlier than expected, making their purchase a waste of money. Thankfully, this model passed a 20-million keystroke stress test, and its wheel held up to 3 million actions.
Overall, this is an excellent option for any Mac user.
UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse
Features: RGB Wired, 16400 DPI, High Precision Laser Programmable MMO Computer Gaming Mice
While some companies release functional and reliable products, others go above and beyond. Some features you didn’t even know you needed, such as the weight and balance tuning function on the UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse.
There is an unscrewable panel at the bottom of the mouse, with eight weight pieces, 2.4g each. You can remove or add these weights to get a perfect feel for your hands. Ideally, you don’t want your mouse to feel too hefty, nor do you want it weightless.
If you are a Mac user and like MMOs, this is the mouse for you. This type of game is very button-heavy, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with dozens of hotkey commands.
Thankfully, Venus has 19 button personalization options, as you can assign different abilities, macros, and commands to the mouse buttons. It is much more comfortable to click your mouse than have to move your hand across the keyboard to activate a hotkey.
It should be mentioned that there are some issues with Mac compatibility, yet not in every case.
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Features: RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse, 12,000 DPI On-The-Fly DPI Shifting, Personalized Weight and Balance Tuning with (5) 3.6g Weights, 11 Programmable Buttons
This mouse is a good choice if you are a Macbook Pro user interested in gaming. It looks like a spaceship with an angular design pattern.
Yet, these harsh angles do not seem to hamper the comfort factor, as I could easily click all buttons. I can imagine holding the G502 for hours and not hurting my hands.
As is the case with any Logitech product, the software will allow users to adjust the DPI manually, or you could use the DPI buttons. It offers so many personalization options that it can intimidate less tech-savvy users. Yet, it is better to have more control than not have it.
DPI can be adjusted on the fly during the same game, as you can hotkey values for running, looking around, or aiming.
It is possible to adjust the mouse’s weight by adding or removing some 3.6g weights. This feature is becoming more prominent with gaming mice, which is a definite bonus.
Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Most high-performance gaming mice tend to use a cord instead of a wireless Bluetooth or dongle connection. Although a wireless option is more convenient, it is slower. In most games today, twitch-based reactions are essential. Even a tenth of a second delay can cause you to lose a match.
Thankfully, the Logitech G305 manages to compromise between the two: it is wireless, yet reaction times do not seem slower. It reaches 1200 DPI sensitivity and up to 400 IPS.
These are the stats of a pro gaming mouse, yet the G305 is very affordable and possibly one of the best-selling options.
It is functionally reliable, and, most importantly: the buttons have a long lifespan. Yet, it lacks the flair and spaceship-like design of other more expensive models.
Logitech Pebble M350 Wireless Mouse
Features: with Bluetooth or USB – Silent, Slim Computer Mouse with Quiet Click for iPad, Laptop, Notebook, PC, and Mac – Blue Grey
Out of all options, this is the one that looks like it was designed to be paired with a Macbook Pro. It has a professional, sleek, and minimalist design. The mouse’s pebble-shaped design looks like it belongs in a studio or board room instead of a pro-gaming tournament.
It is tranquil, with the scrolling and clicking functions not making any noise.
See Our Complete List Of Helpful Gaming Articles Here.
This is a wireless model with a very long battery life. It can reliably function continuously for 15-18 hours, depending on the activity level. Yet, you can use it as a standard USB mouse if you wish to do so.
Overall, the Logitech Pebble M350 is a no-nonsense, practical, pretty, and professional mouse that goes well with your Macbook Pro.
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless
Features: Wireless Rechargeable Gaming Mouse with SLIPSTREAM Technology – 10,000 DPI Optical Sensor
If you are the type of customer that likes to play shooters on his Macbook Pro, this is the mouse for you. You can choose between wired and Bluetooth connectivity options. Most gamers avoid using wireless connections during gameplay because they tend to have a ton of latency.
Thankfully, the Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse uses the innovative Slipstream Wireless Technology that reduces latency to under a thousandth of a second. You will hardly feel the difference.
The mouse design is sleek and compact, as it is sculpted to fit your palm perfectly. It weighs just under 100 grams, making it lighter than most bulky gaming mice.
The Corsair Harpoon lacks many buttons available for MMO mice and is tailored towards more twitch-reaction-based gaming such as shooters or MOBAs.
The most significant problem with these products is that the click button regularly degrades. Thankfully, the Corsair Harpoon is good for about 50 million clicks.
It should also be mentioned that this mouse can be used for more than just your Macbook Pro, given that it is XBOX compatible.
Razer Atheris Ambidextrous Wireless Mouse
Features: 7200 DPI Optical Sensor – 350 Hr Battery Life – USB Wireless Receiver & Bluetooth Connection – Classic Black
Living as a left-handed person can be challenging, especially when shopping for a mouse. Although the market has many options, most are specifically tailored to fit the palms of right-handed people.
Models like the Razer Atheris Wireless Mouse are a breath of fresh air, given their symmetrical, ambidextrous design. Razer has built a stellar reputation for gaming equipment over the years, and this mouse is a proud addition to its roster.
Despite being a Razer product, it is affordable, and its battery life is staggering. On a full charge, the battery can last up to 350 Hrs.
You can connect it to your Macbook pro using Bluetooth or a wireless USB receiver. Either way, the latency is minimal, and you can be competitive while playing FPS or MOBA titles.
The buttons give a satisfying feel while pushing them, and the scroll wheel is made from indented, quality rubber.
This is not a mouse for MMOs, given that it has only 5 Programmable buttons, yet it is possible to program more complex macros using the Razer software. The sensitivity goes up to 7200 DPI thanks to its highly-calibrated optical sensor.
Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse – Graphite
The Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless mouse is designed with comfort in mind. Its asymmetrical shape molds itself well to the surface of your palm. It is available in 2 colors: black and graphite. The side buttons are also straightforward to reach, and their positioning reduces strain during intense gaming sessions.
There are multiple pre-programmed profiles available with the software. This allows you to move the mouse across your Macbook Pro and other devices without having to redefine each command every time.
It has a 4000 DPI dark field sensor, and it can work even on troublesome glass or glossy surfaces. Using a mousepad is not imperative.
The battery charges extremely fast, with just a minute giving you up to 3 hours of use.
Overall, this is a solid option for any Mac user. Its cross-platform capabilities enable it to adapt to multiple OS settings.