Kids today are spending more time playing video games than ever before. And with good reason – gaming offers a fantastic way for kids to learn, progress, and have a lot of fun. In this article, I’ll recommend the best gaming headset for kids.
I’ll explain what features to look for, how to pick the right one for your child, and give you some tips on how to get the most out of your gaming experience. Ready to jump into the world of gaming with your kids? Let’s go!
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION FOR KIDS: The BT2200s are designed to be safer headphones for kids. Made to protect young listeners’ eardrums from early hearing damage following the World Health Organization’s recommendation of an 85dB-limited volume range.
- STUDIO-GRADE AUDIO QUALITY THAT IS SAFER FOR KIDS: Our patent-pending Puro Balanced Response Curve provides your kids or teens with the finest genuine studio sound, including clear, crisp vocals and full dynamic bass–all within the safety of 85 dB. Built-in microphone, great for online learning.
- LONG-LASTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES: The one-touch Bluetooth pairing with iPhone, Android, and other compatible devices makes for hassle-free listening, while a 30-foot range allows free movement. 20 hours of battery life.
- OPTIMUM 82% BACKGROUND NOISE ISOLATION: Our product's fully passive design blocks 82% of the ambient noise (@ 1 kHz). The Puro Sound Labs BT2200s are the perfect lightweight noise-isolating safer headphones for kids.
- 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: The warranty period for our products is one full year.
- Multi-platform Compatibility - Our Gaming Headset with Microphone supports PS4, PS5, PS4 Pro / Slim, Xbox One, Xbox One X controller, Nintendo Switch/3DS, PSP, PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone and most other devices with 3.5 mm audio jack. NOTE: Xbox One s needs an additional adapter(NOT INCLUDED) to support. USB interface is used for LED lights ONLY.
- True Surround Sound Experience - Our PS4 Headset offers excellent 40 mm audio drivers in combination with advanced audio technology.
- Noise Cancelling and Sensitive Microphone for Real-time Clear Chat- Our Headset has a sensitive, adjustable microphone with noise-canceling techniques. It filters out most of the ambient noise in your area and enables real-time conversations without delay. Anti-static technology in gaming headphones prevents static noise from occurring.
- Ergonomic Fit - Our Xbox One Headset with Microphone has an ergonomically optimized fit.
- 12-Month Customer Service
- High quality, Bluetooth wireless headphones with built-in microphone, volume limited, sized for kids 4+ and compatible with nearly all Bluetooth devices. Perfect for school, travel, entertainment & more! Compatible with all smartphones, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, computers, laptops and all 3.5mm audio jack devices.
- Kids Headphones with SharePort Technology: No need for a splitter! One earpiece connects to the device and the other can connect to additional headphones. No additional cost or pieces to keep track of which make these headphones the perfect gift for kids!
- Our ear pads and headbands are covered with our specially designed SoftTouch breathable mesh material for your child's comfort.
- 12 hours of battery life with a 180 hour standby. A USB charging cable is included to recharge.
- Every headphone comes with our 100% LilGadgets Satisfaction Guarantee.
What Makes Headphones Kid-Friendly?
There are reasons why headphones made for kids are a thing. Kids have different anatomy than adults, and they also hear differently. Sound intensity exceeding a specific level can be more harmful to kids than adults. Heavy and bulky headsets can be considerably more uncomfortable for kids than what may seem okay to older people.
Also, kids like peculiar designs, whereas adults like simpler ones. RGB or LED lighting is also a fact. The industry standard for kids’ headsets is 85 dB, so try to get a unit that doesn’t exceed this limit. Over-ear headsets are more comfortable for kids than in-ear headsets.
Try to get lightweight headsets without compromising aesthetics. Cat ear design or RGB lighting will catch your kid’s attention. Whichever headset you choose, make sure your kid doesn’t use it for extended periods. The safety of your children is in your hands.
5 Best Gaming Headsets For Kids
There are plenty of options for headsets for kids. Here are the 5 best gaming headsets for kids that you can get your hands on:
1. Puro Sound Labs BT2200
The Puro Sound Labs BT2200 is one of the best headphones you can get for your kid. Puro Sound Labs is a highly renowned manufacturer of volume-limiting headphones, and the BT2200 reflects that legacy. This attractive headphone comes in a different color that your kids will love.
The BT2200 is stylish, comfortable, and has extremely good sound quality. Every aspect of these headphones makes them suitable for your kid. The 6063 aluminum makes this headphone lightweight and sturdy at the same time. The on-ear design doesn’t stop these headphones from noise canceling.
The BT2200 supports Bluetooth 5.0, so the connection is exceptional. Also, the battery life is really good despite it being wireless. You can also use the 3.5mm audio cable that comes with it if it runs out of power.
- Highest ear protection
- Studio-grade audio quality
- Background noise cancellation
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Long battery life
- Excellent sound quality
- Super comfortable
- Sturdy build quality
- Seamless connectivity
- It comes with a separate 3.5mm audio cable
- Fold-flat design
- Have stability issues
2. Riwbox CT-7S Headset
This Riwbox CT-7S headset is a favorite among children because of its unique form and style. Powerful speakers and deep bass are the hallmarks of the Riwbox CT-7S. Your child’s day-to-day chores will be more enjoyable with these folding headphones with LED integrated lights.
The LED lights change color and flicker according to the music. The cat ear design gives the CT-7S an exceptional look. Your kid will enjoy a high-quality natural sound and a deep bass with balanced audio with these headphones. Bluetooth 5.0 ensures seamless connectivity while the powerful 40mm speaker delivers tacit sound.
You can also turn off the LED to save battery life. You can use the braided audio cable to keep the music going even when out of battery. The Riwbox CT-7S packs everything into a single package to make a great headset without compromising your child’s safety.
- Bluetooth 5.0 with 40mm speakers ensures superior performance
- Built-in LED lighting
- Easy to connect with smartphones
- The LED can be turned off separately
- Highly compatible with any modern smart device
- Very comfortable
- Great sounding bass
- Long-lasting and reliable
- Attractive design
- Compact shape
- The folding part might pinch the users’ fingers.
3. Pacrate H-11 Gaming Headset
Pacrate H-11 It works with the Xbox One XS controller, Nintendo Switch/3DS, PC, and PSP. It even supports the iPad with an adaptor. This device is suitable for PC gamers; you can also use it with mobile phones. The versatility of these headphones makes them one of the best.
The Pacrate H-11 headphone offers plush earpads and a noise-canceling feature that is the first of its kind. The surround sound is also really great. The adjustable microphone allows for clear voice chat, while the lightweight and flexible headband keeps the headset in place for hours.
The padded headband protects the child’s head. Excellent sound quality, ergonomic design, and great adjustability make the Pacrate H-11 a great buy for your children.
- PS4, PS4 Pro / Slim, Xbox One, Xbox One X controller, PSP, PC, and most devices with a 3.5mm jack
- Excellent 40mm drivers for great surround sound
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Great fit
- 12-month warranty
- Powerful drivers
- vivid ambient lighting
- Comfortable headband
- Compatible with multiple platforms
- Noise-canceling mic
- The bass might seem too heavy
4. LilGadgets Untangled PRO
LilGadgets is another manufacturer of kid-friendly headsets. The LilGadgets UntangLed PRO is one of their premium headphones for children aged 4 and up. ‘Snow Camo,’ ‘Far Out Doodle,’ and ‘Rainbow Cat’ are among the ten color options available for the headgear.
The ear cushions and headband interior are soft and durable SoftTouchTM fabric. LilGadgets headphones meet ASTM International Standards and CPSC Toy Standards, so you can rely on them for your child. Industrial-grade stainless steel resists fatigue and wear. The polycarbonate coating on the outside gives it a superior structure and retains its luster over time.
The headband is safe, non-pinching, and snag-free. It also has a safety release jack. Unlike other kids’ headsets that limit maximum loudness to 85 dB, the UntangLed PRO caps it at 93 dB. The company’s objective is to limit volume, not performance.
The LilGadgets UntangLed PRO is better suited for outdoor use, where most ambient noise is above 85 dB. This headset has passive noise reduction that reduces outside noise by 13 dB. These are ideal for a house gathering, restaurant, car, or even plane travel.
- Available in multiple colors
- Reduces ambient room noise
- Great button placements for easy operation
- Bluetooth mode is louder than most of its competitors
- Affordable price
- Superior audio
- It can be used in both wired and wireless mode
- Great battery life
- Bluetooth mode doesn’t allow full volume
5. JLab Audio Jbuddies
The JLab Audio Jbuddies are an excellent pair of wireless headphones for youngsters; they follow the industry standard by limiting volume to 85dB. The foam cushions make the pair comfortable, and they fold up when not in use to save room and keep them safe.
The age and gender-neutral design of the JLab Audio Jbuddies suit kids from 8 years old and above. The audio quality is great considering the price. As long as you remember to keep the battery charged, Bluetooth is a wonderful option because it eliminates any concerns about cord safety.
The JLab Audio Jbuddies battery life of 13 hours is more than enough time for a long-haul trip. Considering everything that JLab Audio Jbuddies offers at just $30, it makes it a must-grab for parents on a budget.
- Specifically, build for kids
- Volume limiter to prevent ear damage
- 13 hours of battery playtime
- An adjustable headband ensures a comfy fit
- 2 years warranty
- Affordable price range
- Top-quality audio
- Long-lasting battery
- Quality build
Choosing the right gaming headset for your child can be quite a daunting task. After all, there are a plethora of options out there, each with its own set of features and specifications. The 5 headsets that I listed above have all the features that your kid will love and need at an attractive price point.
I believe you’ll have to look no further to find the best gaming headset for kids. Have a nice day!